Some days just go by like that

I do not know what happened today, the day just went past me and I did not realize it. It felt as if the day was way shorter than usual. I have worked all day and my pile of work has increased rather than diminished.

What has happened? How did the hours slip by so quickly? Probably it was because of the decision-making. Today I had quite a few decisions to make and difficult emails to write and those take a lot of time, but they do not make me feel productive.

Tomorrow I am taking back "control" of time again. This is just a psychological trick that consists of "ticking boxes" like emptying the inbox or fulfilling a given task to the end (e.g., sending a referee report). This gives me a sense of accomplishment and I need these little things from time to time in this sea of long projects that I am navigating.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

Impostor syndrome

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn