A nice morning tricked by maths

I had this question in my mind (a math question), it popped yesterday in my head and I had to wait patiently until this morning to be able to examine it. I dug into it immediately after breakfast. Since I had a list of tasks planned for this morning, I decided that I would dedicate just one hour to explore the problem.

But that's the issue with curiosity: one hour does not suffice. Lunchtime came, "Already? I guess I have to stop". And I had to stop, there were other things happening after lunch: meetings and admin and stuff. The morning was over. Three hours and a half had passed flying by while thinking and jotting down some computations on a page. What a nice feeling.

The initial pile of work had not been reduced. I did not stick to my original schedule. But, do not blame me, from time to time, a researcher cannot help doing research.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

Impostor syndrome

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn