Using willpower and mental patterns (2)

Continuing on the previous post, I want to clarify that there are moments during the day when we require more willpower: namely, the moments when we have lower levels of energy. For me, typically this happens at the end of the day, which I guess is the same for everyone, otherwise, it does not make much sense to go to sleep if your energy levels are high.

Anyway, the point is, when the energy level is low, everything seems tougher. Obvious, right? But we do forget that when scheduling activities, and, more importantly, we forget that low levels of energy foster negativity. So that is why at the end of the day, things may start to look black and it is impossible to enjoy what we are doing. And, as I said in the previous post, enjoyment is the key to not needing willpower. But when negativity comes in, thoughts come in, like 'nothing works', 'everything is wrong', 'what the hell am I doing with my life', 'everything needs to change', etcetera, etcetera.

Just know this and try to schedule fun activities at the end of the day or for moments of low energy. And when energy is very low and negativity kicks in, do not listen to yourself. Do not listen to that negative voice. Nothing is wrong, you do not need to change anything, you do not need to appeal to your willpower, you just need to sleep.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn

Impostor syndrome