Where is the bucket?

With the house renovations, my habits have gone out of the window, and with them, all my mental structures. Everything takes longer (I keep forgetting what I need, what I need to do, when I need to do them) and more energy (because I need to take many more decisions as I cannot function in "autopilot mode" anymore).

Email is piling up, messages are piling up, deadlines are piling up. I work a lot, but I seem to produce less. 

I have not done sports for a week. I have not been eating so healthily for a week. I have not been sleeping well for around 4 days (and I normally do not have issues sleeping). My head is slightly foggy. I am more stressed. My stamina is down.

I am not saying this to complain. This is just a period and it will be over soon enough. I am using this period to remind myself how important is to have a good organization in life. 

The good thing about this, though, is the challenge: the challenge of finding a mini-organization in the disruption; of finding solutions when difficulties arise (like, ehmmm... the toilet is now in the corridor, how am I supposed to use it now? I will not tell you my solution (wink, wink), find one if you ever find yourself in the situation of being at home without a toilet... 😉😛

Overcoming these challenges with stoicism and resourcefulness is a good exercise on its own and allows me to write a blog post, so what else can I ask for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn

Impostor syndrome