First fiction writing (in a long while)

Yesterday I stayed past my bedtime to finish the short fiction story I was writing. Finally, it is finished! At least the first version. I will try to edit as little as possible, but I will try to correct the bits that felt "less believable". Funny stuff, my brain located the story in a time when there were no cell phones and no internet.

I was born during that time, and somehow my brain likes that set up for stories. The internet and the cell phones feel still a bit surreal to me when they appear in stories, also because they become outdated very soon. For example, I can make a story where MySpace appears, but now MySpace does not exist anymore (I think) and people would not know what is it when they read the story.

But it is just so easy to mix things from the pre-internet/pre-phone era with the post-one. 

The story is darker than I thought. I had the story clear in my mind to begin with, but it evolved quite a lot during the process of writing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn

Impostor syndrome