Working on spurs (2)

Something that I like about working on short spurs (or better said, keep changing tasks rather than devoting a big chunk of time to just one task) is that my brain keeps working "on the background" and keeps giving me ideas from time to time, and I just need to make a note on them. 

For example, I started to prepare the exercise class for the first-year students and the difficulty of these classes is on how to explain the exercises, or rather, how to guide the students on how to think about these exercises without telling them the solution. My brain gave me very good ideas.

It finally also gave me another idea for another story. I thought that maybe I was not keen on working on more than one story at a time. But today I had a full new story while I was showering. The pity is that my brain goes faster than I can write, and dictation just does not work for me. Blame my Spanish accent.

I have discovered that I can work in very small spurs on tasks that I thought it was just not possible, like refereeing a paper. But having just 5 minutes while waiting for something is enough to check a couple of lines, and that counts, first, because I feel that I have not abandoned the task of reviewing and second, because I have advanced a bit while using that "crack" of time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn

Impostor syndrome