Yes, I am (being) grumpy

This has been a tough week. Actually, it has been the third tough week in a row, and I have held up pretty well, just until now...

That's it! Negativity is winning the battle, and I know it. 

Prescription: keep distance from people (to avoid chewing someone's head off), take some rest, and sleep a lot. My source of stress is typically that I want to do too many things, too many projects. But that is also what gives me the drive, it is just that I can lose the balance. 

Anyway, I am just saying this because when negativity is winning the battle I know that I need to retreat. Keep fighting just pulls me deeper into the mud. Doing something from a state of negativity or anger just makes things worse. I know that I will even probably do things that I regret or that will give me a headache later. It is like going for a run in the middle of a terrible flu: you are just digging your grave.

So, grudgingly, grumpily, I retire and give myself time to restore, and stay away from my beautiful projects (just a little bit).



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coaching (4): my experience of starting university

It is not that I am good at it: I just know how to learn

Impostor syndrome